1.15.2008

///my life///

left inner wrist - nyansapo: a west african adinkra symbol; "wisdom knot." symbol of wisdom, ingenuity, intelligence, and patience. an especially revered symbol of the akan, this symbol conveys the idea that "a wise person has the capacity to choose the best means to attain a goal. being wise implies broad knowledge, learning, and experience, and the ability to apply such faculties to practical ends." i've been wanting this since i was fifteen or sixteen. it's about time.

















behind my heart - les amants: french for 'the lovers.' my favorite magritte painting. when i first saw it at his exhibit in los angeles, i just stood there. for the longest time. it was so relevant. i could see so much of myself in it. i am always changing and so is he. he, whoever he may be. blind love. secret passion. so close, but so far. it was undoubtedly my favorite piece in that entire exhibit. it hit me. and forever will.
this is the painting:













and this is magritte's font that will be used to write Les Amants:




bottom center back [typical, i know] - kofie's edit: i've wanted to alter my current tattoo for quite sometime now.. but never got around to it. kofie one [my favorite los angeles artist] sketched a cover-up idea for me, and i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go through with it. minus the heart in the center.
















and my body.

1 comment:

  1. i thought it's gonna hurt. no pala. fak. thanks. and yeah it was so embarrasing i got drunk at the mall. and puke at the banyo and then while we were waiting for a cab we're singing kylie's songs hahaha! and the weirdest thing pa is we are dancing superrr crazy and the people around us are starting to look at us na (thinking these two girls are not weird, they're siraulo--crazy)

    ps. while you're getting your tattoo i was singing "i wanna dance with some body" (cos i'm nervous) haha you have to see the photos. i'll upload it later. i can't find my usb.

    ReplyDelete