11.16.2010

///OBSERVA///

A black1974 Ford Ranger has housed my days the past couple of weeks - riding many a traffic'd freeway, exploring parts of LA I never knew existed despite having lived here four years. The sky an infinite muse, a tourist in my very own city. Last Monday a curious sky-sighting occurred, still unexplained by myself & the media alike. A rainbow at the tail-end of a wispy wing-shaped cloud that escaped in a matter of minutes left me wondering if what I'd seen was mere fiction. My delapidated camera captured it so it must've been true. The second Thursday of November brought DTLA artwalk to my loft's vicinity once again & I can't help but be less & less enthusiastic about it as the months roll on. This is probably due to me being completely sober nowadays in conjunction with the fact that more & more of the artwalk crowd is being made up of inebriated hooligans not the least bit interested in the art but rather the tip-basis beer, homemade cupcakes, & speed-dating environment where the patrons are dressed more trendy than usual with much obvious effort. On Sunday I got to visit the observatory for the first time ever [along with what seemed to be the whole of LA & their extended families]. After clumsily mounting a small wall [wishing I knew parkour instead], an adamantly anal voice from below told me off, "Please don't stand on top of there." We were only admiring the view through camera lens, dude, not defacing anything with Sharpies or Montanas. Anyway, we continued to avoid the overwhelming masses of tourists & went off-roading by foot into the semi-untouched depths of the woods.





"WHATTHEFUCK IS THAT!?! THERE'S A RAINBOW IN THAT CLOUD!!!"



Kofie

Kofie

Chinatown

the end of the beginning




As foreign nerds around me try to figure out the pendulum's technicalities,
I muse at its graceful momentum






2 comments:

  1. Your write like an adventure I have had but haven't been there. You write like I am there too. Thank you for sharing, I love your posts! Go write a book and publish it already. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sobriety's weird no? welcome to the club! *chuckles*

    but it does make you more aware tho.. more awake :D and that in itself is a good thing to be.

    -pescada inc.

    ReplyDelete