3.25.2011

///D7000///

Five silent middle-of-the-night hours were just spent going through hundreds of photos from the past weekend. After sifting through countless unworthies, the thoughtful captures finally surfaced. The following are all just using the automatic settings [+ ViewNX 2] because I've yet to read the manual or watch the digitutorials in order to know what all the button-menu permutations may be. A couple shots from my car & loft--a hand mirror accidentally strategically placed on the desk reflects a meant-to-be symbol. A couple shots of the lovable DTLA--from the Armenian pizza-coffee spot try the beef perashki with marinara dipping sauce; my most favored snack on 7th Street! & several handfuls of photographs from our five hour hike gangbanging around Placerita Canyon in matching black Dickies--flora & fauna often invading lenspace creating stalker-like results. Nature was a pleasant & rejuvenating scenery-switch; I believe it mends.










































On the Nature of Daylight
Max Richter

5 comments:

  1. OMG woman, your shots are bomb- and look at you and your boxing knuckles!

    i miss you 'nia- hope you're feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful photos of you immersed in nature. I love them. Stay strong and next time you want to use throw yourself in the beauty of nature, get high on that. Let it fill your lungs and deeply breathe it in...you are a talented soul my dear, don't forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and D7000?? I only have a D200. Oh, and Rolleiflex Twinlens 6 x 6 from 1952..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @galatea: yeh.. boxing concrete walls out of pure frustration hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Louise: yesss nature holds the answers to all my problems i realize. & the d7000 was a more than generous gift for my birthday! that twinlens is a beautiful camera my dear. i wish i knew how to use vintage things ^.^

    ReplyDelete