2.08.2014

///DRESSURREAL///

 

She asked me what I did with mine, did I take shots or mix it with juice or what? Mesmerized by the miscellaneous spectrum of groceries piling up, seeming to compress like crushed aluminum cans, I found myself confused about what exactly she was referring to. Finally I pointed to the medium sized glass bottle, "Oh, the apple cider vinegar? I mix it with my water in the mornings sometimes, but I mostly use it in my hair. It's also good for your skin." Weirded the fuck out she almost coughed, "Your hair???" "Yeh. It can be used in place of conditioner. I mix it with some water & spray it on, leave it for a bit, then rinse it out really well." She didn't seem too keen on the concept and continued to tell me how her hairdresser is making her use coconut oil as a conditioning mask. I think to myself how moisturizing that sounds, but whenever I tried to use coconut oil in the past, it just ended up with me looking like I hadn't washed my hair in a week: greasy as shit. She finished ringing me up, and I helped her pack the items into my psychedelic sundry reusable bags. Stepping out from behind the counter, I maneuvered my cart toward the exit ever so clumsily, and the torso of a person she saw me as evolved into a full bodied human. The chatty, kind, 40-something-year-old cashier shouted after me, "That dress is perfect!!!" And I smiled as I stepped back into the chilly, bright afternoon sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment