3.06.2014

///WHATIF///


sometimes..
i think what it would mean to me
if you were never ever mean to me
if i never made a mess of me
did i really have to dive that deep
just to surface free?

i hit rock bottom and forgot my being
i didn't have to kill myself to kill my spirit
you speared my heart but i wish that you didn't
was wit' you everyday, still said i was creepin'

daily conflicts had both us screamin'
concrete walls had my knuckles bleedin'
you never even stopped even if i was weepin'
i never understood why we did what we did but

i know your mama left you on the side of the street and
said your grandma'd pick you up but she never appeared and
had a daughter wit' a hoodrat that you let me meet but

i just got sober yet you grew your weed here
i was fresh outta rehab you were fresh drinkin' beers and
you coulda' made me stronger but you made me weaker

the scars from our wars i can't even measure
my body and my spirit were my only treasures
you were merely a replacement for past drugs of leisure
shoulda' known i didn't need drugs like escher
shoulda' always known i deserved much better

she shoulda' known better
but i knew i had to let her
experience the worst to learn her lesson
learn a strong spirit was her only weapon
the only thing to keep her from bein' stepped on
all she needed to do was shine her light on
every little shadow that would cloud her sight


1 comment: