11.23.2011

///LACMA///

Last month I'd apparently forgotten one of my art history classes was an eight-week rather than sixteen-week course, & shortly before the final exam the sudden remembrance of a final project winded me. I pondered what extra credit assignments I could embark on to ensure a pleasing grade despite my last minute fate. Out of panic, I ended up visiting both CAFAM & LACMA which both lie on Wilshire just a few minutes' walk betwixt. Thanks to this class I now know about cute, dainty, little CAFAM & its gently psychedelic shop which literally boasts the very trinkets you've always wanted from all the places you've never been. As for LACMA, this trip revealed the museum in an entirely different light than past visits. Usually I'd just go & pay to see short-term exhibits of modern artists. This time I went to spend some time in the permanent, ancient art wings, free of cost. Concentrating on Ancient Near East, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, & Etruscan, whose artworks were impressive in quantity & quality alike, I easily stayed for a good four hours. The extra credit however was not in the extended length stayed nor in the fuckload of photographs taken but rather in the papers written surveying museum experiences as related to the class.
photographs by timothy laws & i
Drop
Earl Sweatshirt

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Alaia:

    They always say "the young people of today" have no appreciation for history or fine art. They are so wrong. I, too, love strolling through the rooms of a museum, lost in amazement. I'm glad I found my way to your blog from Youtube!

    ReplyDelete