1.28.2012

///TINY///

blue jean baby, L.A. lady
seamstress for the band
pretty eyed, pirate smile
you'll marry a music man
ballerina, you musta' seen her
dancin' in the sand
& now she's in me
always with me
tiny dancer in my hand
...
lookin' on, she sings the song
the words she knows
the tune she hums
...
but oh how it feels so real
lyin' here with no one near
only you & you can hear me
when i say softly, slowly
hold me closer tiny dancer
Photographs by various persons including Cameron Clark, Niassa MacKnight, Ixchel Lara, Jaime Luna, Imani Waddy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I got thrown out of a bar in Witchita Falls Texas attempting to karaoke Tiny Dancer, extremely inebriated... and then came the chorus, in my haze I couldn't see the words.. I winged it with.. "Motherf**ckin' Tiny Dancer".. Next thing I know, I'm tossed out for swearing and general rowdiness. I was unaware of a no-swear zone. hehe I apologize if this somehow distorts how you hear the song from this point forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh this made me miss you, terribly.

    ReplyDelete