2.03.2017

///WATERME///

Salt water cleanses all.
Tears extract sadness from your heart.
The sweat from your glands clears out inner toxins.
The immense ocean washes your soul and renews your spirit.

The drought in California is now over -- a distant friend's Facebook status informed me with a visual comparison of 2013 and 2016. I managed to wake before noon today, my alarm sounded at 9am to give me time for my morning rituals (ie: silent meditation/focus; apple cider vinegar water + supplements; coffee + Sun Potions; had to postpone exercise till later in the day) before heading out at 10am. After many, many days of rain the other week, we had two days of extreme summer weather, then this morning I hopped in my car and had to utilize the wipers again. It's crazy how water is so abundant, yet so scarce at the same time. One week we're in a drought, the next week we're flooding. One year we're in water debt, the next year we've discovered underground wells full of the stuff. One person takes one-hour baths nightly, another person has to hike an hour back and forth to collect water from a community well or contaminated river. One family filters rain water, another family doesn't have the knowledge about rain water filters. It's all just fucked. And nothing makes sense anymore. It could be so easy if everyone just cared for the wellbeing of others and for the planet. So easy. But greed, money thirst, that's what it's all about now. It's been said infinite times over, but: what the fuck is money going to give back to you in the end once we have exhausted all of our natural resources and are fucking dying because of it? Money isn't going to save you. You will die an excruciating death, but hey, at least your coffin was jampacked with Benjamins right?

I hate watching myself succumb to capitalistic society, and consumerist desires. Creating a business of my own knowing probably more than half of my earnings will go towards exorbitant bills and inexplicable taxes. Yet still constantly looking for things to buy.  Still dreaming of one day owning a souped up 4x4 truck. Always wanting to better my situation through material longings. It's so strange to me though, cos the majority of my being longs for no possessions. The majority of me just wants love and nature and smiles and laughter and to be surrounded by beautiful, compassionate, creative, deep-thinking, thorough-feeling souls. Souls that water each other's minds and find utter joy merely in watching the beings around them grow.

Listening to sad love songs en route to where I was going this rainy morning, I thought of how many times I'd played these same three songs over and over the past few days, and how many times they rendered my cheeks wet and my lips salty. Sometimes I think my own tears do more than just cleanse me, sometimes I feel them sinking back in through my pores and watering all the parts of me that are withered. Crying is not an act of weakness, it is your body giving you back your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment