8.07.2009

///LET'S GET LOST///

A black and white film from 1989 by [BRUCE WEBER] about Chet Baker. I admit I don't know much of his music, not much at all. But merely watching the trailer got to me.. And I must know more. [NOTE: watch the official trailer on Weber's website]



And out of the darkness
he saw a man sitting alone
in the backseat of his car.
And the light from the cigarette showed off his cheekbones.
And he'd known that must've been Chet Baker.


...

I got him at the best time in his life.
He was just a kid.
He was twenty-two,
just out of the army.
He hadnt had junk yet.



It's always the drugs isn't it. It shouldn't be.


Well, we've come to that time of the evening
When there's not much time left.
and we'd appreciate it if..
If you could kind of..
Be quiet.
Cos it's that kind of tune.


Almost blue../
Almost doing things we used to do../







Someone please search out a Region 1 DVD copy of this film for me. I will adore you endlessly..

No comments:

Post a Comment