8.07.2009

///SPRING F-O-R COFFEE///

Today at the wee little coffee shop [mind you, with hugely positive reviews] down the street, Gerardo offered me a free newspaper that had been deserted on one of the few tables outside. He said it's good to read the newspaper sometimes. I agreed with an exhaling sigh that formed swirling cigarette clouds. As he emptied the trash and got ready to leave work, I skimmed a few headlines and read one article in full.

- Teen apparel: the worst performing sector this month. July sales: Ross went up and Abercrombie went down down downnn. I never liked the smell of that place anyway.

- Fresno recalls 800,000 pounds of beef linking it to salmonella. Thank goodness I've recently become somewhat vegetarian.

- The recession will teach not only adults and teens about that horrid thing called money, but kiddies as well.

- Yesterday, the vast thing some refer to as the Twitterverse was paralyzed. I personally didn't notice as I fell into a deep sleep right when I got home from class. There are several speculations.. Some say it was just some kids fucking around, some say it was hired hackers with political motives. First there was cyber sex, now there's cyber war. "They would be like hit men, but with digital packets instead of bullets." Something capable of bringing down such a huge thing as Twitter is a very very capable entity. And here I am, thinking about getting another computer [AKA yet another personal data storage space for some fucker to invade].

I stubbed out my second cigarette as I finished reading that one succinct but somehow effective piece. Cuss words took over my head. A few moments passed and he came back out asking if I was sitting there thinking aloud. I was. Albeit silently.

No comments:

Post a Comment