4.18.2011

///COVERUP///

Around the age of seventeen, I blessed myself with one of the greatest gifts of teenagekind: what was to be referred to, shortly after, as a notorious tribal tramp stamp; an infamous meaningless LBT. I could just go to [Homeboy Industries] & have it removed for free, but that takes a long time & success isn't guaranteed. Besides, I'm pretty convinced a removal scar would just as badly say "hi, I once had a tribal lower back tattoo." I'd rather just cover it up & extend it into something I truly won't regret. Not sure exactly what but something perhaps abstract perhaps not, but definitely intricately technical yet elegant. Something I will look in the mirror backwards at & say "fuck my tattoo is fucking dope." Something I can wear crop tops & super low jeans with devoid of shame.



I have a general shape in mind: something that will cover up the existing tatt gracefully & carry it halfway up my spine to a point in a sort of tent-like shape.


An idea of some of the art I like that may be relevant:
Ixchel Lara
Augustine Kofie
Jose Parla
Gustav Klimt

Yoshitaka Amano
Stella Im Hultberg
Seventeen
Ladytron

2 comments:

  1. which one are you doing love? the back one or the heart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that one! hehe i just edited the post with pics now ;p

    ReplyDelete