2.28.2009

///hammer///

oh mannn do i miss the westside. i used to live on sepulveda x national - where the 10 and the 405 meet [as augustine would say]. that was my first la apartment. i lived alone in a pretty spacious one bedroom apartment. i miss gatherings in that dark 126 cave. sedated, opiated, tranquilized, stoned, inebriated.. all over the floor. i miss living alone. walking around in my underwear, singing at the top of my lungs, vanity photoshoots galore.

last night, i drove to my friends' place on the westside to meet up before heading to hollywood. when we got to hollywood, my friend that was driving realized he had forgotten his wallet at home. so we drove all the way back to get it. on the way back, along wilshire, we passed one of my favorite free museums - ucla's hammer museum in westwood. the window display and what i could make out, made me smile. i miss westwood. namely thank you mart where everything is $3.99 and where i used to buy all my dresses. the ones i'd buy ankle-length then cut to ass-length and leave un-hemmed.

the friends i went out with last night are moving away from the westside this morning. i got wasted last night and ended up staying over. so here i am, still at their place, watching them pack up their stuff, slowly emptying their soon-to-be former home.

last july, i moved away from the 10 and the 405 to downtown. now i'm by the 110, and i guess the 101 and the 5 as well. i liked my old access better. i've never lived in the city city before, it's a nice view. noisy as fuck, but lovely if one just plugs their ears.

a few things you can see at hammer right now:
peter van der heyden - desidia [sloth] 1558 - this is sooo epic, i'd have it near my bed.

christopher russell - trellis [after william morris] 2008 - pretty idea, i'd definitely subscribe to a paper that looked like this.

shirana shahbazi - various works in the hammer lobby - 2008 - this is what i saw when we drove past, love them as a whole even though i think butterflies are disgusting.

erin cosgrove - what manner of person art thou - 2004-2008 - i would buy this for my brother as a gift, he's just that kind of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment