7.25.2011

///CHANGE///

Lovers to friends. Long hair to short hair. Crippled to mobile.
I reduced a love, chopped off memories, & moved right along.
Now I want to remove all my tattoos & start over again.
If only it were that quick & simple.
I don't hate my tattoos, I'm just becoming overly obsessed with this whole notion of a fresh, clean slate.
Which reminds me, I need a tally system for my sobriety. Like how people count their days in prison, scratching away at concrete walls. Marked behind my throat, at the back of my head, cos that's where it all came in: through facial orifices.
Back rather than front cos I'm not gangster enough for obscenely frontal tattoos.
July 19th marked my first tally.
A bumpy journey, a crooked line.
Brian M Viveros
Ixchel Lara

god will come & wash away
our tattoos & all the cocaine

1 comment: