7.29.2011

///ICED///

Images of feminine flowy dresses have been doing laps around my mind lately. Never would I wear one of those dresses with the cut-out sides, I'm more a fan of backless things. Backless things with black strappy detailing & contrasting soft silhouettes. & in this incessant rotation of images, the dresses are paired with dirty, worn black Converse chuck taylors, & I'm sitting at a cafe, legs crossed, sipping on rich european style coffee with elaborate foam art. & smoking is permitted exactly where I am seated, not ten feet further.
As well as a new dress, I'm in the market for a leather backpack to lug my huge camera around in because all of my existing handbags have proven to be pretty inadequate space-wise. A good quality hooded sweater would be ideal too. One with a giant grim reaper type of hood that I could just go around being completely anonymous in, but at the same time totally conspicuous.

a.ok open back silk dress 158.00 - Theyskens' Theory dewi dress 173.00 - Theyskens' Theory halter dress 209.00
Peter Vancoillie
Thakoon strapless draped gown 675.00 - Proenza Schouler slip dress 589.00

Rodarte for O.C. draped corset dress 397.50 - Free People goddess dress 88.00
Marco Fulle
Addison bucket bag 365.00 - Alexander Wang backpack 850.00
Marco Fulle 
DRKSHDW by Rick Owens hoodie 265.00
i got my feet on the ground
& i don't go to sleep to dream
you got your head in the clouds
you're not at all what you seem
this mind, this body, & this voice
cannot be stifled by your deviant ways
so don't forget what i told you
don't come around
i got my own hell to raise

2 comments:

  1. Grim reaper/tom boy/elegance/cafe lonerism - sounds awesome DO IT and take pics!! I've been rocking black dress with some old Nikes of mine and it feels liberatinggg. Dresses + sneaks ftw

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesss. it's a shame i don't have an odd $2000 lying around to spend on the above items! time for the opshop, almost as good as topshop right? i want to see new pics of youuu!

    ReplyDelete