7.26.2009

///BALL-NOGUES///

Words cannot explain what we experienced last night at [BALL-NOGUES] opening for their Feathered Edge installation. Delicate drapery from some standpoints, straight edged from others. It's up till November so I highly recommend all of you go see it for yourselves and do make sure to walk through the middle. And perhaps even lay on the ground and peer up to the ceiling. Each strand is a numbered file. The intricacy astounds. Mathematics + art = my loveee. One of my best friends Joem is one of the few interns for Ball-Nogues, and he had the privilege of working on this with the "fine art-chitecture" geniuses Benjamin Ball and Gaston Nogues. I wish I could feel what he felt once the piece was fully completed and installed then finally presented to the public. Watching and evesdropping the many reactions. I know my mouth was just open the whole time in absolute amazement and I could not stop smiling in excitement. Joem ILOVEYOU! Oh yeh, it's showing at MOCA at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood. Gogogo!

Just as words cannot express what we experienced last night, photographs cannot do it justice either.. But here are some attempts at teasers anyway:













No comments:

Post a Comment