7.22.2009

///TOTALLY META///

Meta (from Greek: μετά = "after", "beyond", "with", "adjacent", "self"), is a prefix used in English to indicate a concept which is an abstraction from another concept, used to complete or add to the latter.

I've been thinking about a family tattoo for ages now.. I would say too long, but things such as this require quite a bit more thought than the teen tragedy LBT I have.

META = Marlene Ethan Tania Anthony = My Family.

Linking back to that first quote:
-My family is who will still be there for me after all my fuck-ups.
-I love them beyond words, beyond the love I hold for any other entity.
-They are beyond the physical to me, one can never be superficial when it comes to family.
-They are with me, in every way, wherever I go.
-They add to me, shape me, teach me, and complete me.
-I can look to them for self-reference, they are who made me.

I mean, technically TEAM, MEAT, MATE, and TAME are also possible anagrams but somehow META just seems to me to be the best of the five choices.

As for WHERE I shall be inking this on my body.. I'm not quite sure yet. I might be completely unoriginal and do my knuckles. But what if knuckle tattoos become as notorious as LBTs??? Ha, I doubt that.


EDIT:
Left hand knuckles: M E T A - what built me up. Right hand knuckles: X X I I - what broke me down. And if I ever married, the ring would fall on the T [for Tania] which would make sense as it would join whoever with me [Tania]. ! Wow. How deep. And, also, I wouldn't get the same typical font as every other person with knuckle tatts.. I'd get 'em really thin, ring-size, so they could be easily covered whenever I wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment