8.30.2011

///AHIS52///

The first day of Fall semester fell yesterday. All my classes are online, & I'm a complete virgin. Though I'm assuming [& hoping] online classes will be more suitable for a gal like me who, on-campus, has the tendency to sit in the very back of the classroom, not say a word, & make the hugest effort to be absent for every single presentation day. Video lectures, emailing assignments, & online discussions will be natural adjustments seeing as that's pretty much what I do on Gmail, Facebook, Skype, & AIM everyday anyway. & I figure since it's online, I can be a complete douche bag/teacher's pet & say whatever lameness I want without feeling completely embarrassed. My personal intro to my History of Photography class went something like this:

My name's [Alaïa], raised somewhat internationally in ______, ______, and ______, but I'm now in ______ and have been for the past five years. I've changed schools as often as I've changed majors and that number is countless. From ______ to ______ to ______ to ______ to ______ to ______ to ______  I've dabbled a little in all of them mostly out of teenage/early-twenties confusion. Currently (and hopefully finally), I'm looking to focus my studies on ____________, and ______ in order to create an ideal career for myself that combines all three. I've always been intrigued by and excited about art and been drawn moreso to the artist crowd than any other. I interned at an art gallery last year in ______ which exhibited mainly paint and print works in the "pop urban" category, which was a very informative and stimulating experience. As for photography specifically, I've always enjoyed documenting my life's events, but only in the past few years have I really started paying attention to composition and the minute details of what I was actually capturing. In the past I would just take random flicks without any real effort or care, and in the end I'd look back at them and they'd lack a deeper story. When I view photographs, I merely know what I do and do not like, sometimes I'll know how a certain photograph or series of photographs makes me feel.. But in taking this course, I am hoping to form a more well-informed and legitimate critique about others' and my own photographic work by learning about the history and evolution of photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment