8.17.2011

///GONE///

The dizzying effects of heavy insomniac eyelids & self-caging have caused me to lose all concept of time, likely inducing this unusually inflated need for a watch. I know neither the day nor the date these days, a watch would be helpful in informing me of both. However, I can't afford one at the moment, but some gear pieces from Tirana Jewelry could possibly suffice in the meantime (for only $29 less).

Clockwise from top: Gears Necklace 196.00 - Geo Duke Pendant 196.00 - Small Watch Ring 170.00 - Large Layton 225.00
I'm not sure whether I'd feel free or lost if I lived a life truly devoid of time.
Deep within the Amazon rainforest of Brazil exists the Amondawa tribe. They live not according to man's seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, years, but instead in tune with nature's days, nights, rainy seasons, dry seasons. No one in the tribe has an age, they mark stages of growth with name-changes; toddlers give up their names to newborns & so on. Deadlines are unknown, they are free of the pressures of time. They also do not know the concepts of 'past' or 'future,' so does that mean they are incapable of dwelling on the past or having anxieties about the future? I'd feel damn free.


Twilight Zone
Manhattan Transfer
i would always request this song in the car as a child & trip out with the bass turned right up

No comments:

Post a Comment