10.13.2010

///BORDE///

Olivier Borde is tasty in an untraditional traditional sort of way. The FW08 Lookbook showcased a color palette I'd been dreaming of since my pre-teen years: deep plums, indigos, navy blues, & emerald greens [+ blacks & greys of course]. Plush & velvety, I'd almost forgotten about that combination, glad to have been reminded. The SS09 Lookbook is pretty much what I wish college frat boys dressed like. Still perhaps infamous polo shirts [though preferably loosely draped cotton tees] but with much more sophisticated coats/jackets/cardigans & perfectly cropped trousers. How delicious are those banana colored shoes! The SS11 Lookbook looks like a summer in France, not that I've ever been. I've never seen simple done quite this cool before! The whites & the denims & the khakis; a yacht's dream. Short sweet little collars & voluptuous hair for the ladies. & they look so gorgeous in flats for once!

I'll probably be subject to a fair bit of resentment from both sides in saying this but.. I wish LA guys' fashion were more French.













No comments:

Post a Comment