10.06.2010

///GIRRRL///



I'd fleetingly forgotten about my teen years' film director crush, alas his disturbing work is back in the galleries of my mind. I'm late in watching this probably because I don't religiously visit the Opening Ceremony blog to be in the know right before or right as things debut. Obviously no offense to Opening Ceremony, 90% of my current wishlist is from their store [namely the turquoise PS1 bag that some may think looks like a piece of shitty neon handicraft so maybe I should just subscribe to peer pressure & desire one of "classic soft brown leather" to avoid any hateful commentary that will undoubtedly hurt both my bag's & my feelings alike].

As for the film, admittedly I had to keep rewinding & replaying it every few seconds because I could never quite understand what she was saying the first time. Not because her ideas were unclear but because her speech was. Her ideas were so precise & simple, I really kind of loved it. I found myself slightly envying her logic, her lifestyle, her dreams. It was like she grasped the simplicity of a child's mind & hadn't let go. But of course I've always been one to find simple lives endearing & intriguing. Happiness devoid of unnecessary complications. I wish I could live like that, but I'm so used to the life I have. Well, I guess if I really wanted to live simply, I could. I'm working toward it.

Now I'm wondering if a life of simplicity & a life of luxury could be amalgamated & lived by a person simultaneously.. or are they mutually exclusive along an infinite timeline. [So obviously the latter.]

Schooled by Schouler, corrected by Korine. I wrote this 3:09 minutes into the film, I should probably finish the full 4:18 minutes of it. I suck at watching shit. I'll probably read some Tolstoy afterward.



I was joking. Everyone that reads Tolstoy probably searched "Daul Kim interview" on youtube & I don't really appreciate their try-hard desires to attain a mind as hers. I personally won't read Tolstoy because I did in fact watch that interview & I did in fact not know whothefuck Tolstoy was &, like the interviewer, thought she was just struggling to say Toy Story. But then, who reads Toy Story? Of course though, everyone else who has no clue what I'm talking about, please please by all means continue finding the Anna Karenina within you.
The world want us to be happy.
& I trust the stars. The stars ain't never lied yet.
Every night they say the same thing.
The stars ain't never gonna leave us.



No comments:

Post a Comment