10.22.2010

///SIN///

With hairs frozen upright, it's properly autumn now & might be time to put away the denim panties or at least layer some wool stockings beneath. Meaning December is but a season away, father is asking about Christmas flight dates, & I'm on the hunt for wonderfully interiorized weekend getaway stays. It's about time I use my Mabuhay Miles for a reminiscent retreat. I fell in love at first sight [yes it's real!] about two & a half years ago in Singapore, outside a club called Home. I missed my flight [accidentally but subconsciously on purpose] & an intensely emotional year-long distance-filled movie-like romance ensued. That was nice.






















That time I stayed at Gallery Hotel & the staff loved me so. To my request they allowed me to change my room each night. I've a huge fondness for boutique hotels with every room uniquely manipulated by a different artist.
Who would've known that shirt foretold the future so accurately
Singapore February 2008

Room 626 All In One
Tu Thien Hong


Room 629 Mental Space
Florence Wang





























































































This time I want to stay at Wanderlust. The hued rooms bring to mind a certain Danish-born artist.

Sonne statt Regen
Olafur Eliasson 2003


Your Sun Machine
Olafur Eliasson 1997



Sonne statt Regen
Olafur Eliasson 1993
  
Your Atmospheric Colour Atlas
Olafur Eliasson 2009


Room For One
Olafur Eliasson 1997

No comments:

Post a Comment